We call this bacon salad because then the kids forget it has vegetables in it.
3/4 lb. of green beans, with the ends snapped off
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
4 oz. of Parmesan cheese, shredded
4 strips of bacon, cooked crisp
1. Put the veggies and cheese into a large pot or bowl.
2. Crumble the bacon in and toss the salad gently.
3. Serve with a creamy dressing, like Ranch.
• Try with different veggies like cauliflower and broccoli.
• Try with other dressings, like soy-ginger, poppy seed or French.
“We don't need a melting pot in this country, folks. We need a salad bowl. In a salad bowl, you put in the different things. You want the vegetables - the lettuce, the cucumbers, the onions, the green peppers - to maintain their identity. You appreciate differences.” - Jane Elliot