From The Real Family Camping Cookbook:
There are infinite versions of camp stew made with leftovers. Here’s one of ours.
3 or 4 links of Italian sausage or Kielbasa
2 or 3 leftover cooked hamburgers
1 small, yellow onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1/2 of both a green and a red pepper, chopped
2 c. of beef broth
2 c. of leftover cooked noodles
1 bay leaf
salt & pepper
1. Fry the sausages in the bottom of the pot in a little oil. Cool and slice the sausages.
2. Add 2 T. of olive oil to the pot and saute the onions and the rest of the veggies with the bay leaf for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the noodles and sliced sausages and break up the leftover hamburgers into chunks in the pot.
5. Add the broth, mix gently and simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Bon appétit!
• We have also done something like this with leftover cooked steak.