I love rice noodles because you don't have to boil them - they cook in a bowl of hot water! So it's that much easier at the campsite.
8 oz. rice vermicelli (can be found in the Asian section of the supermarket)
1 T. oil, we only bring olive oil when we camp
1 small head of broccolli, cut into small florets and peeled stems cut into sticks (about 2 cups)
1/2 lb. carrots, cut into sticks (about 2 1/2 cups)
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 c. vegetable broth
3 T. soy sauce
1 t. sugar
2 scallions (green onions) thinly sliced (1/2 c.)
1. Soak the noodles in a bowl of hot water for 5-10 minutes until al dente, then drain.
2. Saute the garlic in the oil being careful not to burn it.
3. Add the veggies and saute for about a minute.
4. Mix in the broth, soy sauce and sugar and simmer 2 or 3 minutes.
5. Add the noodles and simmer another 3 minutes.
6. Top with the sliced scallions.