Monday, August 4, 2014

Tablecloth weights: who knew?


I was sitting on the patio at my in-laws’ house enjoying a nice cup of coffee when something gently bonked my leg. It was a teeny, tiny silver elephant, which was clipped to the corner of the tablecloth. This wee pachyderm appeared to be weighing down the tablecloth so it wouldn’t flutter up and blow away. A tablecloth weight! How genius! Who knew?

It turns out, after an exhaustive Google search, that there are about a zillion kinds of clip-on tablecloth weights that you can purchase instantly, and for not too much $$, either.  Check these out:

First off, how about the cute, little pewter RVs pictured above! Come on, campers, you know you want ‘em. http://dgworld.co.uk/blog/outdoor-cooking-equipments-romes-2034-set-of-4-2-5-inch-x-1-inch-vintage-rv-tablecloth-weights/

Or these slightly creepy 2” large black ants (these ones won’t spoil your picnic … in fact they might save it). You can find these at: http://www.organizeit.com/tablecloth-weights-set-of-ants.asp


And who doesn’t appreciate a little encouragement at the table? How about some Happy Luck Smile Love pebble clips? http://www.gardens2you.co.uk/garden-accessories/set-of-four-clip-on-grey-pebble-table-cloth-weights-outdoor-garden-accessory.html


But if you're like me you're probably thinking, hey, I could make those! So here are some instructions to make ‘em yourself: http://www.home-dzine.co.za/crafts/craft-tableweight.htmI think once you figure out the clippy things, you can attach just about anything, like a painted rock, seashell, or even a little bag of sand or pennies.

If you do craft a set, please send me pictures! I want to see what you created.  Meanwhile, I guess I don’t have to weigh down my tablecloths with ketchup bottles anymore…

You may also like:

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon these tablecloth weights, these are just too cute! :-)
    I really like the black ants, very original :-)

    Cheers,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was reading your post about tablecloth weights, I was thinking the same thing...hey, I bet I could make these myself! I checked out your link to DIY tablecloth weights, and I think I could! Thanks for this great idea!

    ReplyDelete